About the Foundation
The Social Development Foundation was established in 2003 as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization for the sole purpose of providing support for anti-poverty initiatives. The mission of the Social Development Foundation is to generate awareness, identify resources, and secure support to advance the efforts of the Social Development Commission.
Poverty in our community has reached an alarmingly high rate. Milwaukee is in the top five in the United States for people living in poverty. It is nearly impossible for someone to move beyond poverty without the help of another. That is why the Social Development Foundation exists.
Watch this video and learn more about the Social Development Foundation
What We Do
- Business services
- Job readiness and career enhancement skills
- Adult education
- Asset building strategies consisting of free tax assistance, financial education, home buying coaching
- Residential services and keeping people in their homes safely
- Generate awareness of poverty issues through the Summit on Poverty
- Outreach services for older adults
- Free nutritious meals to children experiencing hunger insecurity
As a nonprofit 501 (c)(3), we appeal to individuals and the private sector for funding, and apply for grants to support programs. With the support of the community, we can continue to brighten the futures of thousands of low-income individuals and families.
The Social Development Foundation Impact
We are deeply committed to our mission and vision, because we have witnessed firsthand what the support we are able to provide results in. Year after year, we see success stories that drive us forward to help others achieve success. Take a look at these success stories of people who were impacted by your donations to the Social Development Foundation.